Thursday, April 8, 2010

09.04.10 Seriously

Thurs: 1 hr with Martine; Fri: 20 mins

Yesterday morning I had a beautiful practice with Martine and I felt rejuvenated afterward and was able to finish a huge amount of work that I had to finish. I worked until past midnight on things last night. Today I was depleted and out of gas; when I woke up and tried to work, I felt stuck. My mood was low and I was still feeling very stressed.

I went to the gym this morning and then spent 20 minutes doing some yoga. I tried to kick my energy up by focusing on some backbends. Then I worked on my handstand. I must've tried kicking up a million times. I knew I was close, because I kept feeling my hips catch. I've never kicked up and stayed up by myself; just with someone standing there to help me catch my hips (and only that over the past week!). All of the sudden, there was nothing else I wanted to do . I couldn't move on; I couldn't try something else. I KNEW I could do it, but I felt really frustrated. I just wanted to get my legs over my head! I had to stop and rest a few times. After resting one of those times, I started to laugh at how serious I was being, at how hard I was pushing. The next time I tried, still laughing, I kicked right up. I stayed upside down for several breaths, smiling and still laughing at myself.

What a good lesson for the rest of my life. Sometimes I just need to back off a little, relax, and then ease slowly back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment