Sunday, August 8, 2010

Full Expressions of Offering

Saturday afternoon I went to a 2 hour workshop with Kelly. I could not have been more excited about the topic (which was a surprise when I got there) or the approach she took. She taught a class on backbends, especially focusing on inversions into backbends and dropping back from camel and standing into backbends. These are some of my favorite things, and some of the things I wanted to work on deepening in my practice. The approach she took was one of being our fullest selves--puffing out our hearts and fully expressing ourselves in an offering. This approach was also exactly what I was aiming to do in my practice and life (see last blog post!). When I realized what she was saying, about what the class was and the approach we were taking, I felt the alignment of the universe; I felt like that was exactly where I was supposed to be at that time. It's amazing to have those glimpses of samadhi; I felt the perfectness of being as I set my intention for the practice.

The class was beautiful, and I enjoyed meeting a new friend and working with her as a partner a few times throughout the class. I tried some new things that I was afraid to try, and I tried some new things that were challenging and fun. The class exhausted me, but I still felt full of energy when I left. Through Kelly's direction, I was able to stay fully present and fully offer myself to my practice and to a greater offering of love and being.

The practice on Saturday was just what I needed to kick-start my want to incorporate more offering into my practice. The excitement I felt around the opportunities created in the class were radiated through my practice, and I was able to continue that sense of offering my fullest self when I left the mat.

Throughout my weekend, I've been practicing being full; offering what I have in each situation and to each person. I'm sure I haven't done it constantly, but I have continued to go back to that intention. I did a short practice Sunday afternoon and again this morning, but both practices felt full as I kept pushing myself to offer fully.

Thank you, Kelly. And I offer my thanks back out as an offering to anyone reading this. Be full and offer back.

No comments:

Post a Comment