Thursday, January 10, 2019

beats, heart


being alone is better with you.  I fit next to you. you fit into me.
we lay.  we dream.  when the sun comes up, you’re looking at me.
your eyes; my eyes.  your smile; my smile.  like spring.

beats.

what the fuck do you think love is?  you don’t know.
suppose I never met you.  freedom.
freedom?  freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose.
wake up.  WAKE UP.

beats.

would you have listened to you? you were crazy. 
I cry because I know.
the worst part is, there’s no one else to blame.
but still, I don’t want you to leave.
will you hold my hand?

beats.beats.
glasses of champagne on the dance floor.
beats.beats.
it fills my head up and gets louder.

beats.

nothing ever stays wrong that long.                              I look up.
I look
  forward.

your shadow            recedes.

I glow.

I reflect. 


I wish you love. 

you have to believe we are magic.

beats.

beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment