Friday, March 13, 2015

impatienttransition

impatient. there's no other word for it. I can clearly differentiate between how I normally feel and how I feel right now. everything seems to take longer than it should. that six minutes til the local-stops train arrives on my way to my friend's house tonight? seems like at least 24 minutes. that additional four weeks til my blackmilk and Roxie's legs arrive from Australia? seems like two years.

I want to feel settled. hell. I want to BE settled. but I have this nagging sense that the feeling of settledness comes with a bed. you know. that bed that's still on the boat.

and so I wait. and wait. but not quite as patiently as I'm used to. talking with a friend as I leave yoga: "look, I don't know. just decide already!" him: "you're just... leaving yoga?" yeah. that's me as I'm leaving my happy place. can you imagine how I am as I walk into class?

luckily for my friends, it's mostly in my head. unluckily for me, it's mostly in my head. in yoga class yesterday, I taught about being present in a transition phase, rather than continually waiting for what was next. I taught that theme because I have been hearing over and over "I can't wait til spring is ACTUALLY here!" (btw, me too.) but this continual forward focus distracts from the now. ...and only today did I realize that I was really trying to teach that theme to myself.

so we are in seasonal transition. and I'm definitely in transition. but we are all in transition.

impatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransition
impatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransitionimpatienttransition

impatient
transition

*more patience
*now

No comments:

Post a Comment